SMART Goals

Personal SMART Goal: I want to develop an app that has moderate success as a puzzle game application. 
Specific: I want use Android Studios and JAVA to code a puzzle game app which will have increasing difficulty and appeal to all ages.
Measurable: Once I get the app on the app store, I will set up goals based on how many people download the app.
Achievable: This goal is within my scope because I have experience with coding in JAVA and I have done a lot of research on puzzle games and app stores.
Relevant: This goal is relevant because it applies to my general interest in STEM and it will be a great addition to my resume for future job and academic applications.
Time-Bound: I would like to complete the coding for my app by the end of June so that I can put it on the android app store this summer.

Professional SMART Goal: To get into graduate school for a PhD program.
Specific: I will take the GRE and any GRE subject tests I may need, complete applications for three PhD programs, and apply for scholarships.
Measurable: I can determine my success by the scores I can earn on the GRE(s) and how many applications I complete.
Achievable: I have the school experience and desire necessary to complete these tasks. I will need to study and prepare for the tests, but I can employ my study strategies from prior educational experience.
Relevant: Advancing my education is relevant to my present and my future. Earning a higher degree will help me with getting better jobs in the future and I will enjoy learning more about whatever subject I study.
Time-bound: I will complete and necessary exams over the summer and complete my applications by the end of this fall.

Comments

  1. I like the idea that you have all these goals! It is nice to have a set plan and be able to see what your future and how it will plan it. Good luck on your game application. I’m sure it will be a challenge. I see people around me try to do code and it’s a whole different language I do not understand. So props to you! I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who can you ask for honest feedback?

Most surprising positive thing about ASU West and/or transferring